August 10, 2007

Pessimism

"People are hynotised by their own feeling of powerlessness and used this as an excuse for doing nothing -- the lack of will is much more than merely an ethical problem: the modern individual so often has the conviction that even if he did exert his 'will' - or whatever illusions passes for it - his actions wouldn't do any good anyway."
Rollo May (1969)

Pessimism, is a powerful form of thinking that can manipulate a person's behaviour. I once thought I could not do anything, because I don't think I have the power to do so. Right now, I am glad that I snapped out of that.

I might still have the conviction that I am not able to so certain things, but at least for now, I'm trying. And I realised one thing, to try with all the effort I can muster, is very satisfying, despite the outcome.

I'm just grateful I'm given the chance to try.

Don't waste the chance given to you, grab every opportunities that comes by...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
this post is right on time.
kinda stressed out,
thanks for showing me the light. :)

Jet

Anonymous said...

Girl, I've hoped that you'd kick yourself out of it... and you did. I'm so very proud of you cause i knew you were destined for something great... So go out there and let the world see what Alice is made of... pessimism don't stand a chance no more!!!

angelicwitch said...

Jet: We're here to help one another.. glad that my post help you out a little bit...

Gavin: thanks for ur confidence in me... :)