October 14, 2005

Nanjing - the best trip ever!

09.10.05 - 12.10.05 (NKG)

I have been blessed to do a 4days Nanjing (NKG) with my team, plus a few others crew and pilots that are very nice. This trip is the most memorable of all the flights I have done so far.

Upon check in, we gathered at the lobby discussing with the tour guide about the program for the next day. Right after that, a few of us decided to take a shower and head off to the massage parlour. But it turned out, about 10 of us went for it. Massage was great, I fell asleep throughout, although I was teased for not enjoying it.

Walking out of the massage parlour, someone suggested dinner, so all of us, and 3 others joined us in this really 'not so good service' restaurant. We did not order much, but the portion was so small that we wanted to order another round. The waitress was like, "it's gonna take a long while" and start making funny faces. Anyway, we didn't let her spoil our mood. So we buy more food on the way back to the hotel from the stalls.

Picture on left: As we walk away from the restaurant.

The second day.
With the tour guide, 10 of us went to the Sun Yat Sen's Mausoleum, some place where there's this turtle sculpture being trapped by a huge stone (which is supposed to be some king / prince's tomb -my mandarin not so good, couldn't understand what the tour guide was trying to say). And then lunch! wow.. the lunch, and the service was fantastic! we ordered about 15 dishes and we finished all of it. Haha, I'm talking about a bunch of hungry people here. Oh yea, before lunch, we spend some time (and money) in this jade factory. I bought this lion looking thing (those things that businessman like to put outside their door) that costs me SGD$300. Haha, but it's well worth it. It's beautiful. Come over to my house in KL during Chinese New Year next year to have a look. *wink

After lunch we head off to this tower where you can see the most of Nanjing's skyline and the Yellow river. The sunset is beautiful. Then, we went to another shop to spend more time and money. This is an art shop, selling those crystal balls painted from the inside.

Pic: Crystal Ball shop

Oh well, I spend about 20 bucks there (again). But it's so cute I couldn't resist. Better than someone who spend about SGD$2000 on a painting of 18 dragons. (If he's reading this, he's going to kill me.. :P) Forgive me, but I just could not resist blogging down that amount of money spent.

Dinner time, because I did not join the rest for the garden and 'princess-emperor' photo taking, I had dinner with two other crew at this restaurant that is holding a wedding dinner. (very noisy and loud, the games they play, a bit weird. Not that I'm condemning, maybe it's just their culture). But the food is good and we had 4 dishes and 1 soup and it costs each of us SGD10. Aww, where to find such good bargain back home?

The third day (is a 'not so good' day for me).
I forgot to bring my camera!! We went boating around the Confucius Temple. Other than that, I don't quite remember what else we did. Oh, yea, shopping at this really small alley for jades and teapots. And a really GREAT lunch and dinner package. We called it our deluxe lunch and superior dinner. Haha. We really ate like kings for these few days we're in NKG. And the best thing is, each meal only costs SGD10. Heaven! We ended our night with massage and DVDs shopping. What a trip!

Pic: Our superior dinner! Half the dishes were taken away already, only half left!

The next day, we have to check out about lunchtime and head for work. Taking pictures in the lobby with our uniforms and so many people were looking at us. But it was such a great experience for all of us that we didn't bother. And also taking pictures in the plane during lull period. GREAT!

This trip will always be compared with my future trips, and although I think this is the best it can be, I hope there are more to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! At first I thought Nan Jing will be a boring station..Who knows you can do a lot of wonders there! After reading this page Ive an idea what Im gonna do when I fly to NanJing nextime! Massage, FOOD..but no crystal ball pls!! Sgd 2000 can buy one LV one GUCCI..kekekek...This would be one of your good trip, a lot more to come babe!!

KinLai

Jet said...

it's always to read ur experience! more to come ya~ =)

Jet said...

i mean.. it's always enjoyable.. haha.