October 13, 2005

If Only

If only…

When I was 5,
If only I have walked slower on the way home, my grandfather would not have to run after me by the roadside everyday.
When I was 7,
If only I know the meaning of friendship, I would not have lost one of my best childhood friends.
When I was 8,
If only grandfather did not die, I would have more fond memories of him tricking me into doing silly things.
When I was 11,
If only I had made myself look better, I would have gotten more friends.
When I was 13,
If only I am a little bit more sensitive, I would know that grandmother is suffering, and she wouldn’t die.
When I was 14,
If only I have been a better sister, guiding and encouraging my brother, he would not be doing the things he’s doing right now.
When I was 15,
If only I know that gossips exists behind my back, tears of betrayal could have been avoided and I do not have to harbor so much anger.
When I was 16,
If only I did not succumb to pressure of my peers, I would not get myself a boyfriend.
When I was 17,
If only I have studied a little bit more, I would have gotten 10 straight As instead of 7As.
When I was 18,
If only I am a little friendlier in college, I wouldn’t end up alone during lunch break everyday.
If only I have not cried homesick during my first semester away from home, my parents would not bring their company back to KL, and that disaster would not happened and I would have been able to study abroad.
If only I have been a better daughter, my parents do not have to worry about me so much.
If only I have chose the correct subjects and study harder, I could get a scholarship to Canada.
When I was 19,
If only I have not taken architecture, I don’t have to suffer endless nights of staying awake trying hard to complete the assignment.
If only I have not run for the president’s post, I would not become a president, and the responsibility will not take away my pride and friends.
If only I am not an architecture student, not a president for the student council, I would have more time to support my family morally and financially during the worst financial crisis that even happen to us.
If only I not so selfish, I do not have to hurt three guys in six months’ time.
When I was 20,
If only I have paid more attention in class, tried harder in designing, I might be able to get a better crit to help in my portfolio.
If only I could accept the fact that I am not able to continue my studies, I would not be depressed for the whole year, trying hard to achieve the unachievable.
Now I am 21,
If only I did not take up this job, I do not have to be scolded at least two to three times a week.
If only I could find someone or something that could turn back time, I would do everything right, once again.
If I am given a second chance, I am willing to sell my soul to the devil.

2 comments:

Joshua Tan said...

Hey there alice,

Whatever mistakes have past don't ponder over it for so long and feel regret about it all the time. You are only going to hurt yourself. Thus, think positively and move on, by learning from your own errors. I wish you all the best! Take care. Love you.

Joshua Tan

Anonymous said...

Dearie...
do u know butterfly effect?
have u watched the movie??
it is about how one small thing changes in the past can affect a totally different future.... watch it, is a very nice movie
i think life is meant to be one-time experience, that's why everybody's life is so special
=] ehehe...