March 24, 2006

Johannesburg

I just realised that I promised to upload my Johannesburg photos in my previous post. So here goes, not that it's really impressive because all I saw in the safari was elephant backside, giraffe backside, some funny looking animal's backside. Basically, it's a animal-backside educational tour for me. Why did I only get the backside's view? Ask those bloody animals... the moment they see a car approaching, either they run away (which gives you their backside's view) or their back are facing the road (that's why they are not running away, they don't know we're behind them) so all I see is their backside. Get my point here?



Anyway, I'm not bothered about those animal because all I want to see are lions and tigers. So I went "lion, lion, Lion, LiOn, LION, LION!" for a few hours till my voice died on me. And still, I don't see lion. Then I went, "tiger, tiger..." but still no tiger. At the end of the day, after the sun sets, I was really really hungry for some lion. But no lion. No tiger. Such disappointment. You can't even imagine how low i felt. So we left Pilanesburg and drove back to the city. Which was all for my first ever south-african trip.

But on my first night in Johannesburg, I had this really huge lamb shank for dinner. That bone was huge! Picture Flinstone and my lamb shank. *angelicwitch nods... Yess.. It's huge. I bet if I take that bone and threw it out on the street, the lions will come after it. Why didn't I thought of keeping that bone for my safari trip the next day, I wonder.


I don't mind going back to South Africa for the second time, but if I ever go on a safari trip, there better be lions around (either that or I pack myself a bunch of bones from dinner).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah... The trip sounds so nice. So, you were sad not seeing lions and tigers? Your luck was not there, what to do? Bring some bones next time, k? remember. oh ya, why i didn's see your backside in the photos? I thought you are one of the ostrich there? I am not curious about elephane, giraffe, or even tiger backsides but ostrich.
Next time, remember the back side I want ya? Thank You!

angelicwitch said...

hahaha...

i know i have nice butt but you don't have to remind me to post up my ostrich butt..

come to think of it, i have not become an ostrich for quite sometime now...

life is good...

cheers

Joshua Tan said...

wow..interesting trip..even though u did not manage to see the tigers and lions..haha..hope u'll see it the next time u go there again la(hopefully).I like your first picture..its really nice! u really do have talent in photography..hehe..:P
have fun!:)

Anonymous said...

din buy diamonds ah ? ahaha..

waiting for ur travel blog @ Rome~~ have fun! =p


Jet

Anonymous said...

"Orang Utan! Orang Utan! Orang Utan! Orang Utan!"

angelicwitch said...

i know who that orang utan is... why are you stalking me?

hahahaha.. how are you henry...