June 13, 2006

It's time to wake up

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"

Such cliched phrase, yet it has its own truth.

I have been living in the past for too long. Every time I met someone that does not belong to my current lifestyle, I get that all too familiar feeling. "The good old times", that's what I say, all the time.

I realize it's no use dreaming about the past, about how good it was, about how badly I wanted to go back to the world that I fit into. Where I was the winner, not someone who is struggling in another world. Oh god, how long has it been since I felt good about myself?

I have been depressed, sad and beaten for the longest time... about three years and a half years since the first wave of depression hit me.

Now I tell myself, it's time to wake up. Get on with life and stop whining about how unfair fate is treating me. Now I will pave my own way and I will end up where I belong, once again. This time no matter how hard I fall, I will climb back up again, because I want to be there. I will be there.

Wish me luck!

Now now.. I know most of you are saying, FINALLY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u kinda nudged me.
now let's walk through the wind. and stand up whenever we need.
the best to us.

Jet

Vicky said...

Congrats! there's more to life than here and now, good step you make a difference. all the best!

Joshua Tan said...

Well, its good to hear tat!
All the best in everything!!
Good Luck!!
:)