May 26, 2007

Wants and Needs

what you have might not be what you want
what you want might not be what you need

Sounds familiar?
Everyone has different wants and needs. It all depends on how much the wants and needs drive a person to do things in a certain way or direction.

My wants and needs has always been intertwined. I can never recognize which is which. I have always been confused with my wants, thinking it is my needs, or thought that my needs are my wants.

So now I have come to a point where I realised that those things I've driven myself crazy to get, are not exactly the things that I need. Those are things that I want, or perceive to need. Funny how things turn out when I step aside and critically look at my current life.

A lot of things that I fought for, I got it, but now that I have it, I begin to wonder, do I really need it? Or is it just another want in my greedy heart?

Then, there are the things that I am still fighting for. I have not gotten it, but I'm beginning to ask myself, is it worth all the tears and sweat to get it? Do I really want it? Do I need it? Can I live without it?

These questions are driving me crazy, but these are the same issues that are pushing me to work so hard, that really motivates me to keep going, not matter how tough the situations are. The one and only REAL question is, is it really worth all the effort?

No comments: