February 11, 2006

A series of conversations. A chain of events. A trail of experiences.

I was digging up some old entries that I wrote few years back in my old website, when I come upon one article that once, used to mean a lot to me. So here I am now, trying to revive the revelation I have found when creating this once new post.

April 20, 2004 - A series of conversation. A chain of events. A trail of experiences.

"Recently, I have been exposed to a new way of looking at things. It was not a great revelation, but it enlightens me all the same.

I am grateful for all the things that happened in my way. Starting from the moment I utter the first word in my life, till right now, this moment. The good, and the bad, I am totally thankful. Without all these things happening to me, I will not understand, I will not learn, I will not appreciate.

On my first day in kindergarden, I would not learn to mix with other kids of the neighbourhood, if my parents did not let go of their hand and push me forward into the classroom. I will not understand the meaning of secrets, until my first friend betray me with her seemingly inability to keep her mouth shut. I will not appreciate the value of friendship until the first friend that asked me how I was doing when I recovered from my sickness.

I will not learn when to say things, and when to be silent when my friends are talking, if quarrels did not exist in my life. I will not understand the power of family warmth, until I came back from my first-ever outing. I will not appreciate life, if all things are never to happen in my life.
All these said, I will not be who I am today, if it is not because of the little things that happened in my life, good AND bad. Here I am now, thanking all those who has come into my life, thanking all the little things that come my way, thanking all the big things too, and thanking all those who allow me to enter their lives.

All things are connected to one another.

Things had happened, big or small, good or bad, either way, it has touched my life in a way I have never known before. "

-A series of converstions. A chain of events. A trail of expriences-

No comments: